Friday, August 15, 2008

Hot as Heck

Pretty typical weather for Boise this week, hot and dry with temps in the low to mid 90s. I hit the track on Tuesday morning for some of the fast stuff. The goal was one mile about 10K pace, 4x400, and finishing it off with another mile at around 5K pace. First mile went fairly slowly in 5:51, four quarters in 83, 81, 80 and 79. After that, I called it a morning and cooled down, as I just wasn't feeling it. I'll chalk it up to the past weekend's triathlon.

After an easy 5 on Weds. at lunch, I followed it up with Thursday morning hills, about 7 in the Highlands neighborhood north of town. Still felt a bit sluggish, but I sometimes expect that with an early wake up call.

I'm hoping for a good long run and ride sometime this weekend; maybe I can motivate myself to wake up early enough to beat the heat. Sunday it's off to Anaheim, CA for a conference, to return Weds. night. I've tried to scout out places to run in the Disney vicinity, but it's proving tough. Unless, that is, the surrounding parking lots have unusually pleasant scenery.

4 comments:

whatever said...

Might you consider changing the name of your blog to: Whining with Josh?

I mean really, here are your posts: My love/hate relationship with track, Things I hate about they Olympics, Why I suck at triathlons, and It is hot and I am slow on the track again. Come on man, work on your piss poor attitude and get in shape you fat slob!

mainers said...

Tactful as ever our Chris.......

whatever said...

Thank you..Thank you...I try so hard! Good running with you this AM, now if only Fat Josh would move back to town so I could annoy him on the long runs!

Josh, might you have a fall marathon coming up? How is life? Did you like my post?

C

JS said...

Chris, I hate you still. I may be fat, but I still have the faster IM time...